One of the quickest and most affordable ways to rid a home of an insect infestation is to fumigate the premises. It is a simple process to apply; it has an easy application. The chemicals used in the process are very effective and are able to reach areas where other types of home pest control products cannot. Fumigation is a viable option if you’re certain it will help get rid of the pest in your home, but there are also risks involved.
Fumigation can be performed by a trained professional or by the homeowner, as the method depends on the circumstance. To help rid the home of all of the insects, the homeowner must purchase the poison fog. As with most pesticide products, these have specific instructions on the label that tell you how to use the poison and the maximum amount you should use per area.
They will usually use a plastic tent to hold in the poisonous fumes while the fumigation is performed by professionals. This will allow them to poison the home enough to fill every nook, cranny, and hiding place where insects may be found, so that all of them will be exterminated. Because the chemicals used in fumigation are very powerful, only non-living things must be present in the home.
Home fumigation comes with a number of different issues. The main issue is that poisonous fumes will spread throughout the house, which takes two days to completely remove. The chemicals may cause illness if people enter a home and breath in the fumes before it has been properly ventilated.
While certain types of fabrics, curtains, and furniture are exposed to the fumigation fumes, their fabrics, curtains, and furniture can remain contaminated for weeks or even months if not properly cleaned. The furniture might need to be exposed to the fumigation’s fumes in order to kill any insects that are hiding within, but this does not put people at risk. After an insect fumigation, most people hire a cleaning service to come in and clean the house thoroughly, from the fabric items to the ceilings, and then to wash the textiles to remove the residue and toxins from the treatment.